UCA Membership Benefits
Statewide Membership and Representation|
- Union Negotiations
- Grievance Help
- Legal Review and Referral
- Craft Committee(s) Creation
- Bargaining Rights - Strength in Numbers
Federal & State Legislative Efforts
- Safety/Risk Management Program CD-Rom
- Safety Class Discounts
- Safety Video & Book Sales
- OSHA & EPA (IEPA) Updates & Info
- OSHA Partnership
Education Conferences, Classes & Symposiums
- Clean Water
- Differing Site Conditions
- Bond Act Amendment
- Alliances and Cooperation with Other Associations
- Project Labor Agreements
- Developing Relationships and Industry Advancement
- Ongoing Continuing Education Program
- Design Build
- Trenchless Technology
- Damage Prevention
- JULIE Info, Updates and Classes
- Trade Shows
- Dinner Meetings
- Golf Outings
A Contractor Membership shall be vested in the firm or corporation as such, actively involved in underground construction work as a contractor and employing members of the building and construction trade unions.
Membership dues for Contractor members are based on the amount of underground work performed by your company. Dues range from $850 annually to $7,000 annually.
An Associate Membership may be conferred upon any other person or firm determined by the Board of Directors of the Association to have an appropriate relationship to the underground construction industry, including, but not limited to: equipment suppliers, material suppliers, manufacturers, surety and insurance companies.
Membership dues for Associate members range from $1,200 to $2,000 annually,
based on the amount of sales you do for the underground industry.
Step By Step Process for becoming a member of UCA
- Contact a UCA staff member by phone: (630) 467-1919 or by clicking on the link Membership Inquiry and filling out the necessary information. An email will be generated to a UCA staff member after your submission.
- A UCA staff member will contact you by phone within a week of your inquiry.
- A membership kit will be mailed, to the address you provided, after speaking with a staff member.
- Within the membership kit, an application for either Contractor or Associate membership will be included. Fill out the application form and any other necessary paperwork. Make sure all documents are signed.
- Make a check payable to: Underground Contractors Association in the amount
based on the tier, which may be based on membership incentives. We also accept
MasterCard, Visa, and American Express.
- After the necessary paperwork and payment has been received by UCA, your membership request is submitted to UCA Board of Directors for review.
- With application and payment in hand and a final review from the Board... WELCOME TO THE ASSOCIATION.